The Scot JCB Group (Scot JCB) is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with all applicable legislation in relation to data protection. This policy describes how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
This policy applies to any personal information about you that you provide to Scot JCB or which is provided to Scot JCB by third parties.
The data controller in respect of personal information processed under this policy is Scot JCB. The Scot JCB Group is made up of:
- Scot JCB Ltd,
- Scot Industrial Air Ltd,
- A.M. Phillip Spraytech,
- Stewart Plant Sales
- Kelso & Lothian Harvesters.
We have a Data Protection Officer who you can contact on 0141 556 6521 or via email email@example.com should you have any comments or queries in relation to this policy or Scot JCB use of your personal information.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Scot JCB collects personal information about you to provide you with our products and services and to improve and develop these for the future.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Date of Birth
- Address and address history
- Contact details such as email address and telephone numbers
- Financial information and credit history
- Employment details
- Identifiers assigned to your computer or other internet connected device including your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Vehicle and/or machine registration and identification numbers
- Telematics information about the location of your vehicle and/or machine
HOW DO WE RECEIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Scot JCB receives personal information about you:
- When you contact us directly, visit any of our group websites, or use our social media channels, whether to apply for one of our products or services or to make an enquiry or other request.
- Scot JCB is an approved dealer of J C Bamford Excavators (JCB). If you approach JCB they will provide us with your personal data based upon the machine specification and your geographical location.
- From our other group companies and our carefully selected business partners who provide products and services, such as introducing brokers, credit reference agencies or trade bodies.
HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Scot JCB may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To comply with legal obligations.
- To verify your identity and to identify you when you contact us.
- As a precursor to entering into or fulfilling a contractual obligation.
- To make decisions on credit, insurance and other facilities, about you or your business.
- To help to prevent fraud and money laundering .
- To help administer, and contact you about improved administration of, any accounts, services and products we have provided before, or provide now or in the future.
- Recover debts that you owe and trace your whereabouts.
- To carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical information using data provided by you.
- To carry out statistical analysis to help with decisions about account management.
- To contact you for marketing purposes relating to products and services that we think will be of potential interest to you.
We retain the right, to access, view and interrogate JCB Livelink or any successor telematics system operating on JCB Products that have been supplied by us. We may use this system to verify the location, mode of operation, service history or/any other information held on the system regarding operation and/or performance of such JCB Products.
WHO DO WE PROVIDE THIS PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
Scot JCB will provide your personal information to:
- The JCB group if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring JCB Products.
- Affiliated manufacturers if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring their products.
- Financial services providers, such as our preferred supplier of finance facilities JCB Finance Ltd.
- Trade bodies and credit reference agencies .
- Marketing providers.
- Third party debt collection agencies, insolvency practitioners and legal advisors.
- JCB Finance Ltd who provide machinery quotation software to us.
- Our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as banking services and data management firms.
- Transport providers.
- Law enforcement agencies, government departments, courts, regulators, auditors and any party appointed or requested by our regulators to carry out investigations or audits of our activities
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
All personal information we have about you is stored on secure servers operated by Scot JCB or its ISO27001 accredited third party service providers
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Scot JCB will keep a copy of your personal information for as long as we have a contractual relationship with you, or from the point of a machine or product purchase, and for a period of seven years thereafter. For personal information which is not linked to a machine purchase we will keep this for a period of seven years from the date of the record. All SalesMaster quotes will be kept for 12 months from the point of quote.
We may keep your data for longer periods if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. Maintaining your personal information for these periods allows us to keep accurate records for our legal obligations and to handle any future complaints.
Scot JCB does not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by Scot JCB:
ACCESS – you can request access to your personal information (and a copy, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and further details about how your personal information is handled by Scot JCB.
OBJECT – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
RECTIFICATION – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you.
ERASURE – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing is based on explicit consent.
You have a right at any time to opt-out or withdraw consent of receiving marketing from us and/or to amend the delivery method we use. We will only use your personal information to send you marketing messages where we have your consent to market to you. In some cases we may market to you by electronic means (e.g. by email or text) where we have provided you with goods and services and would like to give you information about similar goods and services on the basis that we have a legitimate interest to market such goods and services to you where we think you would be interested in hearing about them. We will not do this if you have asked not to be contacted, e.g. where you have not consented or otherwise have opted out of marketing.
To manage your rights and delivery preferences please follow the instructions in our marketing communications, enquiry forms or write to us at:
Post: Marketing Department, Scot JCB, 398 Townmill Road, Glasgow, G31 3AR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also opt-out from us passing your information to the other businesses listed above.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us contacting our Data Protection Officer using the contact details provided above.
If you are concerned or have questions about how Scot JCB handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you. Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
To request that all data is removed please fill in our Remove My Information form.